Friday, October 23, 2009

Novriska Adini


LEBARAN

Holiday is a time that all people are waiting for because they can rest from their daily activity. There are many kinds of holidays; Lebaran is one of them. All Moslem people around the world celebrate this occasion merrily. Lebaran is one of the happiest occasions, as these three illustrations will make it clearer.
The first reason is in Lebaran all the member of the family is on the same place. All of us will be at my grandma’s place. In Lebaran we have a very old tradition; it is called “sungkeman”. This “sungkeman” take place after ied pray. The “sungkeman” it self has a rule. Before we do the “sungkeman” all if the member of the family should queuing. The older child of my grandma’s will be in the front of the line and the last child will be at the back. It happens to the grandchild and the grand grandchild, so all of us queuing in the same line which is very long like a train.  The other tradition is almost all the member of the family will cry and spend a lot of tissue to wipe away their tears. The cry things never happen to me and I do not know why I do not cry and they cry. I thought that well maybe I am too young to understand it but even I am older now, I still do not cry. It does not mean I am not in into the situation but I am can not cry because I have no reason to cry I guess.
Second reason is in Lebaran I can get some cash out from my relatives. After the “sungkeman” the member of the family that not married yet and have no job will say queuing again. The queuing here means queue to get the cash out from the relatives that already have a job. The amount of the money is different from one to another. It depends on your age. The older you are, the more cash you will get. Some people might not agree with that but it is the culture of my family. Another rule about it is, as long as you are not married yet and have no job or jobless, you will get the cash. I still get the cash till now since I am not married yet and have no job.
The last reason why I like Lebaran is I can eat “kupang” as much as I want. In Lebaran day, there are a lot of food are served in my grandma’s place. We will eat “ketupat and friends” in my grandma’s place. After few hours all of the member of the family will come to my niece’s place to eat again. In my niece’s place there are a lot of menus too but the menus are different. “Ketupat and friends” is served in my grandma’s place and other menus like fried chicken, “kupang”, “sate kerang”, and meat balls are served in my niece’s place. The menu that I like the most is “kupang”. She can make a very tasty “kupang”. I really like to eat “kupang” because it is my favorite food but since I I have an allergy to it, I can only eat “kupang” once in a year. The allergy will not come as for as I just eat kupang once in a year.
Is it possible to have another occasion as the happiest one? Of course from my three reasons above; the “sugkeman”, the cash out, and the “kupang” make Lebaran is the happiest occasions for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment